Starting work (supplementary)

When can I start work?

Supplementary information

You should have received details of the inspections we would expect to carry out for the work type applicable to your project, but if required we would be happy to confirm this to you – please call our customer support team on 0121 247 3464.

There are two types of application available for your planned building work

Full Plans Application (building plans and site visits)

You can start work before your application is approved, but your contactor will need to consider any alterations and discuss them with our surveyor on site at the first visit. All Commercial premises, new houses and any Domestic extensions (where houses or home extensions involve building over a public sewer) will require a full plans application.

Building Notice (a site plan and site visits)

A building notice can be used for straightforward building work to a domestic property or where your builder is sufficiently experienced it can be used for extensions or individual houses where there is no building over or near to a public sewer .